Before + After, Table + Chairs

A few weeks ago, I bought a nice, sturdy table off my neighborhood Facebook page for only $30! Score! I was super excited. I bought it without knowing where I was going to put it. Once it was here I decided it would be a homework desk for the kids. The table even has a little drawer in the front to store school supplies. Nice. Hubby and I decided it would work great in his office. The kids could do homework on it and he would have an extra surface for his own paperwork. He loves to spread things out especially when he is doing taxes, etc. Perfect.
This is what the 5 chairs look like. They are nice and sturdy too. Two of them were missing the very middle rung in the back. Those are the chairs I decided to paint to go with the desk/table. The other three are getting use at our kitchen table. I'm on the fence if I will paint them or not.
FINISHED: I used my favorite Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (of course). The top and drawer front are painted with Graphite, distressed and then finished with a mix of clear and dark wax.
 Love…
The table legs and chairs are painted with Paris Grey, distressed and also finished with a mix of clear and dark wax. You can see that the middle rung is missing but I used wood filler and sanded it really well so you can't see the hole…

 A good spot for studying, don't you think?
We thought the 2 chairs would be nice if 2 kids want to use the table or if we need to help with homework…
That wall above the desk is screaming for something. I just need to figure out what it is! Teresa

P.S. turquoise hutch in background

5 comments:

Barbara from Ukraine said...

Wow!
You are handyman, rater handywoman :)) !
These the table and chairs so cute.

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Aw, thanks Barbara for your nice comment!

Adventurous Quilter said...

And the photos don't do it enough justice it looks fantastic when you see it up close. Teresa is definitely a talented furniture revamper!!

Tami C said...

I agree totally with Marianne! It really turned out great. It would love lovely with a quilt on the wall about the table!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Thanks Marianne and Tami, the table has already gotten a lot of use!